31.5.12

these smiling eyes are just a mirror for the sun



Created by Brooklyn based illustrator, Kaye Blegvad, Datter Industries jewellery is beautifully elegant, slender and minimal whilst retaining an organic aesthetic, offering the subtlest of gestures to the wearer, for example in my favourite pieces, 'The Watchful Eye Ring' & the 'Protective Hand Bangle'. 

"My illustration background means I tend to make pieces with a drawing-based process and a story behind them. I like things dark but elegant, and my jewellery covers some of the same themes I explore in my illustration work: ritual, the occult, war, weaponry, animals, talismans. I like things to show signs of being handmade: nothing too clean or too perfect."

Kaye's ETSY >>
...definitely purchasing some of these soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

- + HOME